Betting via mobile devices has been rapidly growing over the past few years, and that is for a good reason. Being able to bet on your favorite sport within the comforts of your house or on the go while enjoying the match at the same time is an idea that appeals to millions across the globe and specifically in the UK. I’ve been a fan of Football for many years now, and have been betting via football betting apps ever since they have appeard
Therefore I believe I am a prime contender to explain to you fellow punters how I find of the best betting app for football, and which one I think are the top picks you should try. Our team has tested and gathered a good understanding of the apps we will be discussing them here so that you can make your choice easier.
I invite you to try the apps and take advantage of the sign up offer shown in the table below, or continue to read my review of top football betting apps:
New customer only, max one £10 free bet, qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 2.0(1/1) or greater, paid as bonus token with min odds reg, T&C Apply
18+. UK+IRE only. T&Cs apply.
18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply.
18+. UK+IRE only. Promo code 'G30' required. Min first bet £10. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 4 days.T&Cs Apply.
New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply.
New customers only, place a €10 bet on any Sportsbook market - min stake €10 at odds of at least 1.5 (1/2) — and we’ll give you €30 in free bets. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion. Free bets are valid for 30 days and must be used on a Sportsbook market. Free bets will be awarded after the qualifying bet has been settled. T&Cs apply. Games: One bonus per customer. €10 free to play on Ted Slot game, offer valid for 7 days. Opt in on Games promotions page. x15 wagering applies. T&Cs apply.
18+. UK+IRE only. T&Cs apply.
Max stake £10. Max extra winnings £100. Valid for 30 days. Skrill/Neteller deposits do not qualify. 18+ Full T&Cs apply www.begambleaware.org
New UK and Ireland Customers Only. Min Deposit: £/€10. First Deposit matched up to £/€30. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. Credit Card, Debit Card & PayPal deposits only. Additional Terms Apply
Only available to new customers from UK & Northern Ireland. You must stake £10 or more at single/cumulative odds of Evens (2.0) or greater on your first bet. Free bet balance of £30 credited within 48 hours of your first bet being settled. Free Bets expire after 7 days. E-Wallet restrictions apply. Minimum 5 game rounds. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.
Cash stakes only. Min £10 stake required for initial £5 free bet. Min odds ½. Max £25 in free bets. Subsequent free bets equal 50% average of each 3 qualifying bets. 13 bets required to receive full £25 free bet. 18+. T&Cs apply.
New customers only. Initial deposit of at least £50. 100% matched deposit bonus. The maximum bonus is £50. Deposit must be staked 10 times at offs of 1.65 or bigger. Qualifying bets must be placed within 30 days. The total qualifying bets are for £500. The bonus must be staked once at odds of 1.65 before the funds are available. Bonus bets must be placed within 5 days. The free bet stake is not included in any returns. Terms & Conditions apply.
New customers only. Valid once per customer. Bonus expires after 30 days. Expires 31.05.19. 7x turnover at 1.6 minimum odds. 18+ only. BeGambleAware.
18+, first deposit only, T&Cs apply. Opt-in required. Deposits with Skrill, PayPal, Neteller and Paysafecard not eligible. Casino bonus: min. £10, max. £100. Bonus/free spins winnings wagering requirement: x35. Max. bonus bet: £5, can vary. begambleaware.org
Bet £10+ at odds 1.50+, get 3 x £10 free bets, 7 day expiry, credited after first bet settles. Opt-in, 1 x new customer. Bet type, Free Bet restrictions and T&C’s Apply.
New Customers; Min. deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller) 6x deposit and bonus turnover (min. odds 3/5 on singles and 2/5 per selection on acca bets), in 30 days, for bonus release Some bet types don’t contribute to turnover Withdrawal bef. turnover results in bonus cancellation; Terms apply; 18+
UK new customers only | Novibet customers with verified documents only | max £25 free bet | Min of 3 selections in accumulator | min odds per selection 7/10 (1.70) | Free bet stake not returned | Certain Markets/sports/payment methods restrictions apply | Qualifying bet must be made within 30 days | Free bet valid for 30 days | T&Cs apply
New customers only. Initial deposit of £10 or more. Qualifying bet must be a £10 win or £5 each way single or multiple. The qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 2.0 or bigger Casino bonus of £5 is credited after the qualifying bet has been settled.The free £5 sports bet is dependent on the first bet losing. The free bet will expire after 14 days.The casino bonus must be rolled over 20 times before funds can be withdrawn. Staking requirements must be met within 30 days. T&C’s apply.
New UK customers. Initial deposit of £10 or more.Qualifying bet for at least £10 at odds of 1.8 or bigger. This bet must be placed within 14 days of opening an account. Each way bets do not count. Free bet token for £10 credited within 24 hours. The stake is not included in any returns from the free bet. Terms & Conditions apply.
18+. UK+IRE only. T&Cs apply.
Key Mobile Football Betting Features
When looking and trying to evaluate a football betting app you have to keep an eye on the key features that these apps offer. Thankfully, most apps have progressed rapidly over the last few years, so their on par with most features. However, I would still recommend checking that these important features are there for a better experience:
Many bookies have now began offering live streams of football games if you bet on them, or if they are generous you can watch even without betting. Of course, you will not be seeing this kind of deal on the English Premier League, for now at least, however on most other leagues you’ll be able to take advantage of this feature.
This is a key feature that just keeps getting better and better. This is one of the main ways, apart from odds and markets of course that bookies use to their advantage to compete with each other and get the most signups. If you keep your eyes peeled and monitor the bookies that offer Mobile apps you can often catch offers on big games, or sign up bonuses, or bonuses for loyalty etc etc. With most bookies now offering most markets and tight odds with each other, this is one of the main things that set them aside.
Once again something that has become more and more common for mobile Apps. Live betting is like it sounds, you bet during the match. You may also live cashout of course which is helpful too. The odds adjust during the match based on how the match is looking
Best Football Betting Apps
Of course this would not be much of a piece without taking my time to test out some of the top Football betting Apps on the market and evaluate them so that you punters can make a decision easier.
- Bet365 mobile app – My personal goto mobile betting App. Might be a little tricky to navigate all of the markets up for grabs, due to the sheer amount of them, however once gotten used to it, the App really does stand out. Trustworthy and packed with features.
- William Hill betting app – Another top, top App. Very simplistic but offers a large range of markets and is easy to navigate and responsive due to its simplicity. Trustworthy and packed with features.
- Ladbrokes app – I’d put Ladbrokes a category below the above two, however does not mean they aren’t a great App, just doesn’t appeal to me as much. Not a huge fan of their interface, for me it just seems clunky and hard to navigate. Their markets aren’t as extensive as the above two either. Great option still none the less.
- Betfair sportsbook app – This app hovers around the same category as the Ladbrokes App. It definitely is a great app that most certainly is a great choice to look into if they offer great odds or/and bonuses. For me it just slacks the markets and interface to really compete.
- Paddy Power app – Paddy Power has began to advertise their App more recently for a good reason. They’ve made improvements, making the app responsive, however for me it’s still rather clustered. Great choice nonetheless.
- Betway mobile app – Very simplistic interface which I am a fan of. You will get used to the app quite quickly and probably shouldn’t run into trouble finding markets. While may lack in features, great app nonetheless.
- Coral mobile betting app – To download the Coral app on Android devices you need to request a link which I am not a fan of. The app is decent, however does lack features and the interface isn’t the greatest. A decent app, but falls short of the above mentions.
Key Football Betting Terms
We understand that some of you punters might be new to betting, or hey, even experienced ones may not know all of the terms you’ll hear when betting on Football. Therefor I’ve hand picked a few that you should try and memorize as you’ll see them pretty often.
- 1/X/2 – Home win / Draw / Away win
- BTTS – Both Teams To Score
- DnB – Draw no bet. If you bet using this option, if the match ends in a draw = Money returned
- HT – Half time result
- FT – Full time result
- DC – Double chance. Usually 1X/2X/12 – Aka Home team win or draw, Away team win or draw, home or away team win.
- O2.5 – Can be O1.5 or theoretically any number. Basically means that there will be more than 2.5 goals, and of course since there is no half goals, for a O2.5 to win, there needs to be 3+ goals.
- U2.5 – Same as the above, however needs to be less than 2.5, aka 2 goals or less.
- Chalk – Betting the favorite essentially.
- Accumulator – Multiple bets placed as one. All bets must win for the accumulator to win.
- Value Bet – Placing a bet if you believe that mathematically a greater chance of winning than the odds offered suggest.
Choosing The Best Football Betting App
With the sheer amount of competition in Football betting Apps, I do not blame anyone if they are struggling to decide their home when it comes to Bookies. I will attempt and make it easier for you all by outlining some of the key things you should keep your eyes peeled for.
- Features – Pretty straight forward – Keep an eye on which App offers the most features, and don’t simply judge by the amount, but also consider the quality. We are speaking about features like In-Play betting, Live streaming of matches and Special offers, all of which you can read about above in detail.
- Odds – This is a tricky one since you could approach betting on Bookies in two ways. You could pick a Bookie that historically, consistently has the better odds since these days the top bookies come very close. And you could make accounts on multiple Bookies and bet on the Bookie that offers the best odds, personally I am a fan of the latter option.
- Reputation – It is always better to have your money and trust put into a reputable Bookie that you know cares about its customers and reputation, rather than a Bookie that is either brand new or historically has made questionable moves.
Football Betting on iPhone devices
All the best online bookmakers have developed special iPhone apps that are specifically tailor made for the screen size and technical capabilities of the iPhone. Leading bookies such as Bet365 and 10Bet have gone to great lengths to create excellent mobile betting environments for iPhone customers and all the features available at their websites are also there for the iPhone app, features such as in-play betting, streaming, early cash outs, accumulator building have been seamlessly integrated.
Football Betting on Android
Android devices are different from iPhones in that they lack the singular uniformity and as such provide a tougher challenge for developers trying to fit in all the important features into one high performance mobile app. However, the top mobile online bookies have gone through great efforts and for the most part have come up with some of the best android apps, and not just for sports betting. The UK bookies know the importance of betting on the go for all sports bettors. You should download and check out the mobile android app from your favorite bookie, chances are that you will enjoy it immensely, betting whenever and wherever you want is a luxury that is a joy to partake in.
If I was to summarize this article in one word, it would be ‘Options’. The market for Football Betting Apps has expanded so rapidly and greatly in the past few years that you really are left with more options than you’d want in your hands. There are plenty of App’s that you can comfortably and safely use, or even have that one best football betting app that you’ll make your home. Whichever it may be, I can reassure you that right now Football Betting Apps are in a great place and only increasing.